Skip to content

I was filled with joy though I was tired from all the waiting and birthing ...

After suffering a miscarriage in April 2014, my husband and I were devastated as it was our first child. So when we found out that I was pregnant again in Early Oct on my husband's birthday, we were both happy and excited. However, at the back of my mind, I was constantly worried and feared that I might experience another miscarriage. With the support and love shown by my husband and family, I managed to go through each trimester with some ease!

On 12 May 2015, I went to the gynae for my regular checkup and found that I was not yet dilated at 37 weeks. Hence, he told me that the baby was not going to come to anytime soon. Upon hearing this, I told myself that I can "relax" a bit and take my own sweet time packing the hospital bag. Yes, I Love to procrastinate! Just then, to my surprise, that very night just before midnight, my water bag broke! My husband and I had to quickly throw a few essentials into the bag, called the gynae and off to the hospital. 

When we reached the labour ward, my labour pains have already kicked in and I was slightly dilated. The waiting game began and since we figured it took roughly 10 hours for a full dilation, I was counting down the hour that I would be able to see my daughter! However, I was so wrong! I was in labour for 18 hours without an epidural! When my daughter finally arrived, I was filled with joy though I was tired from all the waiting and birthing. 

Now looking back, I am glad that i was blessed with a smooth pregnancy and a healthy baby. I can also fully understand the pains, sacrifices and anxiety that mothers go through 9 months for a simple goal... To bring a healthy child into this world. So to all mothers out there, i salute you!
Previous article The fire drill baby was out with vacuum assistance at 2.40pm ... Feline Sun
Next article You're the best thing that happened to us ... Larissa

Leave a comment

Comments must be approved before appearing

* Required fields