Vulli Sophie The Giraffe
Sophie the Giraffe was conceived by Monsieur Rampeau, who was an expert in transforming sap from the Hevea tree using the rotational moulding of rubber as a toy-making concept. He came up with the idea of designing a toy giraffe, sensing that such an exotic wildlife figure would be the first in the market, and its size and shape would be ideal for the baby's hands to grasp and fit the baby's small mouth.
Sophie the Giraffe, who looks exactly the same as the day she was born, went into production on May 25th, Saint Sophie´s day, hence her name. Sophie was an immediate success in France.
Young mothers saw straightaway that Sophie was a must-have for their babies when the first signs of teething appeared. By simple word of mouth, the little Giraffe´s fame spread. From then on, generation upon generation of children in Europe, have come to love Sophie and her happy sound.
Sophie is still traditionally produced today, by Vulli, which is based in Rumilly in the Haute-Savoie Region of France. She is made from 100% natural rubber derived from the sap of the Hevea Tree. The process of creating her involves more than 14 manual operations and is still a secret, jealously guarded by the company.- Natural Rubber is soft, safe and non-toxic for baby to bite and chew.
- Sophie the Giraffe is Phthalate-Free with NO Vinyl (no-PVC)!
- Complies with US Safety regulations ASTM F963
- Decorated with non-toxic, food-quality paints.
- Lightweight and well-thought design makes it easy to grasp with their tiny hands.
- Stimulating to baby_s senses with her soft colors and gentle squeak.
- Bumpy head helps soothe sore, teething gums.
- Sophie makes a soft squeak when squeezed - such fun for a baby!
- Slender, flexible and soft - babies love manipulating and chewing on Sophie.
- Hand-made in Rumilly in the French Alps, Sophie the Giraffe is a classic!