Buds Organics is your chance to nurture and care for baby’s skin, and your own, with the world’s largest line of certified organic baby and mother care products. Our products are packed with wonderful natural and organic actives and completely free of animal testing.
‘Organic’ alone was not good enough for us!
If you are reading this, we know you care about making informed choices on what you buy and how you live. We do too. Unfortunately, many manufacturers are well aware of this and some have created products that they claim are ‘natural and/or organic’, yet still contain one or more harmful chemicals.
That’s why ‘Organic’ alone was not good enough for us. We chose to be certified by ECOCERT because their requirements are extremely demanding and offer transparency and traceability from the farm to the finished product, and even cover what we say on our labels.
ECOCERT conducts inspections in over 80 countries, making it one of the largest organic certification organisations in the world. This means that we follow strict production standards for sourcing, storage, processing, packaging and shipping. This includes avoiding most synthetic chemical inputs, keeping detailed written production and sales records, maintaining strict physical separation of organic products from non-certified products and undergoing periodic on-site inspections.
ECOCERT requires that 95% of the ingredient used in any product be of natural origin and have extremely strict restrictions on what is allowed in the remaining 5%. Furthermore, for a product to be certified organic, 95% of the plant ingredients must be of certified organic origin AND a minimum of 10% of the total product must be organic.
Buds Organics is Better for Baby and Earth
Buds Organics uses the finest organic plant ingredients so that your baby is not exposed to pesticides, herbicides and other potentially harmful chemicals unnecessarily. We also hope to minimize the damage being done to the environment. Opting for organic ingredients equates to less chemical in our soil, water and air. It means more physical labour, which in turn may mean more jobs. It’s a win-win situation, we hope.
Buds Organics is EU Tested for Their Safety
At Buds we are dedicated to the safety of our products and that if your baby. As such we send our products to the UK for comprehensive safety and preservative tests. We only release our products once they have fulfilled and surpassed these stringent requirements.
Buds Organics is Earth Friendly
Our plastic is recyclable. We do not box the products, hence minimizing waste. Leaflets are printed on Forest Stewardship Council certified paper which is an earth friendly alternative to recycled paper. And best of all, our products – that means every single cream, wash, lotion – is biodegradable. If and when our products enter the waterways, they break down into basic elements like hydrogen and carbon that will not pollute the water or kill fish. Instead, they eventually become used by plants as bio matter.
As animal lovers ourselves, our office is totally pet friendly and our staff are regularly accompanied by their furry PA’s. It obviously follows that we are completely against all animal testing. It has never occurred to us to test our products on animals and we only source ingredients from companies that share our philosophy. Instead, our products are tested on willing staff and friends. If it passes muster, then our own children and friends’ children help by letting us know if the products are as good and gentle as we think. Only then do we see fit to indulge our pets with a Buds bath because we know that dogs and cats actually have more sensitive skin than our babies and children!
What’s NOT in Buds…
At Buds, we believe that we owe it to our babies and the planet to avoid all ingredients that can be potentially harmful.
That’s why we promise that we will never use:Sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) Sodium laureth sulphate (SLES) Steroids Parabens Mineral oils Petrochemicals PEGs Phenoxyethanol Formaldehyde Artificial colours Artificial fragrances Ingredients tested on animals Animal derived ingredients